Top 10 E-Commerce Websites in India 2021. Picking a website to shop online from can be a daunting task considering the presence of various e-commerce websites available. One doesn’t often know from where you can get good products with amazing deals & offers, and how good is their delivery and customer services.
That is why to help you out after hours of research and study we have created this list of Top 10 E-Commerce Websites in India 2021. Read further to know more.
List of Top 10 E-Commerce Website in India or Top 10 marketplaces in India
Here is the list of online shopping sites in India
|S.No.||Top 10 marketplaces in India||Key Info|
|1||Amazon||– General Category: Includes Everything|
– Free delivery in 3-4 business days
– Free delivery on shopping over ₹499/-
|2||Flipkart||– General category: includes everything|
– 30 days replacement
– Free delivery in 5-7 business days
|3||Snapdeal||– General Category: Includes Everything|
– Free delivery in 4-5 business days
– No minimum order amount
|4||Myntra||– Specialized in fashion clothing’s|
– Free delivery in 4-7 days
– Easy Replacement
|5||Make My Trip||– Bookings – Travel, Accommodation, Tours|
– Easy cancellation
|6||Swiggy||– Online food ordering|
– Quick delivery
– Wider options
|7||Pepper Fry||– Specialized in Furniture|
– Eligible places: within 2 days delivery
– Minimum order amount ₹3000/- for EMI
|8||Nykaa||– Beauty & Makeup|
– Free delivery in 1-5 business days.
– Free delivery on shopping over ₹500/-
|9||Net Meds||– Medicines|
– Free delivery in 1-7 business days.
– Minimum order value is ₹60/- for COD
|10||Croma||– Electronical appliances|
– Physical store
– Home Delivery
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 42
Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos in July 1994 and launched in India in July 2013 since then it has been catering to the needs of its 100 million registered users in the country. Amazon is is the no.1 eCommerce company in the list of Top 10 Indian Ecommerce Sites in India.
Amazon India has a wide variety of products ranging from all different categories such as Echo & Alexa, Fashion, Electronics, Kitchen, Home Improvements, Grocery, Video/Music Streaming, and much more. Amazon.i is no. 1 in Top 10 marketplaces in India.
Did You Know?
Initially, this popular e-commerce company carried its day-to-day operations in a garage.
Amazon India generally focuses on all types of products instead of giving preference to any particular line of a product. This makes Amazon a one-stop shop for all the products of customer’s needs.
Amazon India has a wide variety of categories that helps one to get their desired product without any hustle.
Some of its top-selling products of 2020 are: –
Pet products, Beauty Products, Shapewear, Earphones, Footwear, Home and Kitchen Furnishing, Video Games, Mobile phones, Toys, Home Appliances, Sports and Fitness Goods, and Smartwatches.
Amazon Key feature
Amazon Prime. With just ₹999/- per year customers can join the prime membership and enjoy its benefits. Few features of prime membership are stated below:
|Delivery||– FREE One/Two/Same-day deliveries|
– FREE No rush deliveries
– FREE Scheduled deliveries etc.
The best thing about the Amazon Prime deliveries other than being free is that it is unlimited!
So as long as you have prime membership you won’t have any limit to the free no. of deliveries of your choice.
|Early Access||– Product Launches|
– Deals (Lightning Deals, Deals of the day)
– Events (Prime Day, Great India Sale)
Amazon prime offers early access to its members. Prime users can get new products first, get early access to all exclusive deals and events taking place.
Amazon Prime Streaming
|Streaming||– Prime Video|
– Prime Music
– Prime Reading
Amazon Prime offers lots of options for the customers to choose from with its unlimited access to Amazon original series across 10 languages, ad-free streaming of million+ of songs with offline downloads you can stream amazon prime video/music on the go on your phone, laptop, desktop or smart TV.
Amazon Pros & Cons
- The buying process is very easy, everything is categorized which makes the selection process, not a tedious one.
- Has a wide variety of consumer products and a good delivery system.
- The Refund process is way easier than buying and not much question is asked while refunding.
- Another good thing is the Prime services offered such as fast delivery, exclusive deals, etc.
- Have to pay extra to avail of Amazon Prime services.
- Order Tracking facility is not good as sometimes it doesn’t work properly.
Amazon is good for every purchase but the best thing that Amazon has over Flipkart is its customer/delivery service.
So, if buying any large appliances, it would be ideal to go with Amazon then Flipkart as Flipkart had some issues in the past.
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 115
Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company, headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, and incorporated in Singapore as a private limited company. It is among the Top 10 eCommerce Companies in India in 2021
To strengthen its content offering on Flipkart Video, Flipkart forayed into original content production, known as Flipkart Video Originals. The first show was launched on 19 October 2019. Named Back Benchers, it was a Bollywood celebrity quiz show hosted by Farah Khan.
Flipkart has good discounts and offers. It has wide variety of products available and at much cheaper price than markets.
The product quality is good. & Good experience with its customer service, the return policy is very simple.
Flipkart has been a trusted company since a really long time when the thought of online shopping site came to slant. This website comes in app and may be an exceptionally Trustable one
There dispatch benefit is continuously on time. Flipkart makes beyond any doubt to meet client requests with the modern patterns, design and fashion.
There’s no put for extortion. Definitely now and then it does need in their quality or disappoints by their conveyance time but, their trade and refundable office make the botches to be input. Flipkart offers distinctive modes of offers and bargains with distinctive installment strategies indeed cash on conveyance could be a pleasant office given by them. They keep upgrading about the orders that are put through e-mail
Flipkart generally focuses on all types of products instead of giving preference to any particular line of a product being a one-stop-shop for all the products of customer’s need.
- Mobiles, Computers
- TV, Appliances, Electronics
- Men’s Fashion
- Women’s Fashion
- Home, Kitchen, Pets, Furniture
- Grocery & Households supplies
- Beauty, Health
- Sports, Fitness, Bags, Luggage
- Toys, Baby Products, Kid’s Fashion
Flipkart Pros & Cons
|1||Flipkart is India’s biggest online shopping mall. They have a wide selection of items in a variety of categories. I don’t believe there is another Indian online marketplace with such a large number of product categories. And before they open, they have millions of books available for pre-ordering||They just ship goods to India. Even if you are willing to pay more money, there is no service available outside of India. The service is also unavailable in some parts of India. You can verify availability by entering the pin code for the location on their website.|
|2||Flipkart has partnered with a number of courier providers, allowing it to deliver most items in a timely manner to a wide range of locations. Also competent is the distribution service. A 30-day replacement warranty is included with the Cash on Delivery option.||Their service is one of the most common complaints I’ve heard recently. Customers are often surprised when goods are shipped but the packages are empty. Customer service does not act appropriately in this case. They demand evidence that it was never shipped. Flipkart needs to take action on how and what delivery boys do.|
|3||Many of the products available on Flipkart have good discounts that you won’t find on other websites||When opposed to urban areas, service in villages is not up to scratch. In rural areas, delivery of goods can take a long time.|
|4||Flipkart only sells high-quality, branded, and non-damaged items.||The minimum order for free home delivery has recently been raised to 500/-, whereas some other sites offer it for less.|
It has a very vast variety of products from where you can choose. You can compare and choose the best for you and the delivery services are also quite good and accurate.
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 720
Myntra Is an Indian fashion e-commerce company headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. The company was founded in 2007 to sell personalized gift items. Myntra is one of the best eCommerce companies in India.
In 2011, Myntra began selling fashion and lifestyle products and moved away from personalization. By 2012 Myntra offered products from 350 Indian and International brands. The website launched the brands Fastrack Watches and Being Human.
Myntra is the leading eCommerce website in the Top 10 online shopping sites for clothes in India.
Myntra is a one-stop-shop for all your fashion and lifestyle needs. Being India’s largest e-commerce store for fashion and lifestyle products, Myntra aims at providing a hassle-free and enjoyable shopping experience to shoppers across the country with the widest range of brands and products on its portal.
Myntra functions and operates independently. Myntra continues to operate as a standalone brand under Flipkart ownership, focusing primarily on “fashion-conscious” consumers.
In 2014, Myntra portfolio included about 1,50,000 products of over 1000 brands, with a distribution area of around 9000 pin codes in India. In 2015, Ananth Narayanan became the Chief Executive Officer of Myntra.
Myntra Key features
- Merger with flip kart has increased its strength and capacity
- Retention of its independence even after the merger.
- The offering of more than 1.5 lakhs products with over 1000 brands
- Efficient supply chain and delivery capability help it to cater to 90,000+ locations.
- End of season sale” –a huge success, Rs.90 crore worth of goods sold.
- Good advertising and marketing campaigns on TV, the internet, and print.
- Myntra founded in 2007 by Mukesh Bansal (left), Ashutosh Lawania (right) and Vineet Saxena
- Moved from offering personalized products to fashion and lifestyle retailing by the last quarter of 2010
- Has received a total of $75 million over multiple rounds
- Major investors: Accel Partners, Tiger Global, Kalaari Capital and IDG Ventures
- Run rate of $100 million a year, growing at 20% year-on-year
- Gets 12,000 orders that roughly translate into shipping 20,000 items daily across 400 cities with an average order of Rs 1,600.
Myntra is a one-stop-shop for all your fashion and lifestyle needs. It is a Leading E-Commerce Company in the Top 10 Indian Fashion Websites for Shopping Trendy Clothes. Being India’s largest e-commerce store for fashion and lifestyle products, Myntra aims at providing a hassle-free and enjoyable shopping experience to shoppers across the country with the widest range of brands and products on its portal.
- Boys wear
- Women’s wear
- Foot ware
- Sports wear
- Home décor
- Casual Shirts
- Formal Shirts
- Blazers & Coats
Myntra is for customers who are looking for clothing, beauty products, footwear, and everything related to self-grooming as it offers the latest trends and everything for quite reasonable price.
Make My Trip
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 1362
No. 4 in the list of Top 10 E-Commerce Websites in India 2021 is Make My Trip.
MakeMyTrip is a 2000-founded Indian online travel business.
The business, which is based in Gurugram, Haryana, offers online travel services such as flight tickets, domestic and international vacation packages, hotel reservations, train, and bus tickets.
They have 14 company-owned travel stores in 14 cities and over 30 franchisee-owned travel stores in 28 cities as of March 31, 2018.
On its website, MakeMyTrip sells flight tickets, villas and rentals, train and bus tickets, taxi services, and hotel reservations.
MakeMyTrip released travel apps for Windows Phone, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry devices in 2012. MakeMyTrip’s route planner offers all of the essential details for over 10 lakh (1 million) routes throughout India.
It focuses on providing the customers the best hotels and flights and many more at a reasonable price and also helps in planning trips, reservations etc.
- International Flights
- Charter Flights
- Vande Bharat Mission Flights
- Air Bubble Flights
- Domestic Flight Offers
- International Flight Offers
- UAE Flight Offers
- International Hotels
- Homestays and Villas
- Holidays in India
- International Holidays
- Secure and trusted channel for facilitating payments
- Attractive brand name and convenient website navigation
- It offers services like International and Domestic Air Tickets, Holiday Packages and Hotels, Domestic Bus and Rail Tickets, Private Car and Taxi Rentals, B2B and Affiliate Services.
- User-friendly website and app.
- Affordable prices
- Unique offers
- Refund – The refund process is easy
Highly recommend these websites if you are planning a trip with your family or friends because these websites will save your time and money.
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 2,132
Snapdeal is India’s one of the biggest e-commerce companies. Snapdeal is known for providing products to customers at affordable prices with exciting deals and offers.
It generally promotes all types of products from various categories. But people associate Snapdeal mostly with Apparel and grooming products.
According to 2015 report Men spent more on personal grooming than women on Snapdeal.
Top selling products of Snapdeal are Mobile phones, laptops & tablets (Convertible laptops).
Snapdeal has lots of categories and subcategories some of them are mentioned below: –
- Mobiles & Tablets
- Bluetooth devices
- Computers & Gaming
- Office Equipment
- TVs, Audio & Video
- Appliances (Large, Home, Kitchen)
- Home improvement
Snapdeal Key features
Just like Amazon has Prime, Snapdeal has a “Gold” membership.
|Gold Membership||– Free Next Day Deliveries|
– Zero Shipping Charges Always
– Extended Purchase Protection
Under Gold membership customers will get free next-day deliveries according to location eligibility, Zero Shipping Charges Always, and Extended Purchase Protection.
Converting to Gold membership doesn’t add anything extra to your pocket as customers don’t have to pay any extra fees to get Gold membership.
Snapdeal Pros & Cons
1. User-friendly website and app – New update of website and app has made the shopping process more appealing.
2. Affordable prices for nearly every product – The website is flooded with products at affordable rates.
3. Wide variety of products – Larger no. of products to choose from.
4. Unique offers – From large appliances to phones Snapdeal has offers available for everything.
5. Snapdeal has a “Half price store” which consists of daily commodities being sold at half the price.
6. Free of cost Gold Membership
1.Increase in delivery issues
Snapdeal is well suited for customers who are looking for clothing, beauty products, footwear, and everything related to self-grooming as it offers the latest and new trends in fashion with a wide categorial selection at affordable prices.
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 2160
Swiggy, one of the fastest growing food delivery eCommerce website is 6th in our list of Top 10 E-Commerce Websites in India 2021.
Swiggy is India’s largest online food ordering and delivery platform, founded in 2014. Swiggy is based in Bangalore, India, and as of March 2019, was operating in 100 Indian cities.
In early 2019, Swiggy expanded into general product deliveries under the name Swiggy Stores.
In September 2019, Swiggy launched instant pickup and drop service Swiggy Go.
Did You Know?
Swiggy highest dessert order value till date was when a customer ordered ice cream worth ₹ 76527
Swiggy has partnered with Burger King to provide delivery services. It has also partnered with Google Local Guide to facilitate customer reviews, and with Sodexo to enable customers for paying through meal cards.
Swiggy has partnered with Indifi Technologies to facilitate a financing program for partner restaurants. Swiggy launched a digital wallet, Swiggy Money, in partnership with ICICI Bank.
- Swiggy is famous for its quick delivery service. Its technical platform is prepared in such a way that it accepts orders from customers based on its location, and the food would be taken from the nearest hotel of the customers.
- For customers to view comfortably, Swiggy has maintained an excellent interface to take their orders. Its user interface is neatly arranged in a way that the hotels are listed, and its menu and rates can be seen on clicking the hotel.
- Yet another strength of the brand is the wide selection it has of the eateries. It provides various selection of eateries at the nearby location and with an extensive menu available there. It would also show you the eateries based on your preference, whether vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
- One main strength of the brand is its trained employees. The front and the back-end teams are well-trained and get the service delivered for the customers.
Swiggy Pros & Cons
|1||The significant advantage of Swiggy Super is that it offers free delivery to its user. The user can enjoy this benefit in the period of subscription.||Swiggy only offers free delivery with no surcharge only when the order value is more than 99 rupees.|
|2||With Swiggy Super, there will be no surcharge to its user. They don’t charge for delivery during high demand or rainy days.||Swiggy Surprise is yet not rolled out and, there is no deserts or free treats to the Swiggy Superusers|
|3||They also offer Swiggy Surprise in which users are offered deserts or any other small treat with every order.||Swiggy Super is available only on top cities like Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Gurugram, and Bengaluru. Thus, it is not available to all its user.|
|4||Swiggy super users are prioritized with a dedicated customer care team to help them out.||The price range of Swiggy super subscription is varied in different cities.|
Highly recommended website for ordering your meal and there are lots of options to choose from and there’s also a rating and reviews section where you can read and purchase the best meal for you.
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 3,605
Nykaa was founded 9 years ago by Falguni Naya in 2012. Nykaa is a giant in selling cosmetics online. It deals in products of Makeup and healthcare. Nykaa is the fastest eCommerce company to be on the list of Top 10 Online Shopping Sites in India.
With millions of happy customers and a product base of 200,000 Nykaa is a force to be reckoned with in the beauty retail industry.
Nykaa’s prime focus is to provide everything related to beauty whether let it be appliances such as a hair straightener or a Towel Nykaa has covered it all across 2000 brands with over 200,000 products.
Nykaa has also introduced K-beauty (Korean Beauty) products in India.
Top selling products of Nykaa are Face Makeup, Lip Products, Eye Makeup, Nykaa Nail Enamels, Skin, and Bath and Body.
Nykaa Key Features
Luxe option offers customers real worldwide famous products to shop from.
Good quality of product, delivery on time, and best customer service.
Various sales with huge discounts and selling at affordable products.
Providing a large collection of brands including some exclusive brands and Nykaa is also constantly increasing its product line.
Nykaa Pros & Cons
- Being the biggest beauty retailer in India it has all the makeup products available so that customers don’t have to go on any other site.
- Pink Friday Sales which give discount up to 80%.
- Big and exclusive brands availability.
- Value for money.
- Nykaa has a Q&A session from where you can read about any concern or ask your concern then buy the product.
- Mentions expiry date of products.
- It even has its YouTube channel where they post makeup tips and tricks/ tutorials.
- Some Delivery issues.
- Fake Product Allegations.
Nykaa stands out from its competitors as it offers a large no. of products from high-end to low-end brands with amazing deals which saves a lot of money on the purchase.
Nykaa is easily the best site for shopping for Makeup needs in India.
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 4,386
NetMeds ensures that you don’t have to roam everywhere searching for your medicine. NetMeds offers prescribed as well as non-prescribed medicines all over India.
Providing great discounts on the way to your buying journey.
NetMeds has a vast range of pharmaceuticals and many healthcare products for everyone.
NetMeds provides customers with more than 70,000 prescription drugs and well over thousands of non-prescription goods.
It also provides Medical devices like a thermometer, oximeter, and Surgical equipment such as surgical instruments, surgical consumables much more.
It also allows its customers to book tests and checkups.
Other than Pharmaceuticals the company has ventured into selling Eyewear on its website.
Netmed Key Features
Shopping from NetMeds is very easy with its category-wide selection.
Doorstep delivery makes the shopping for meds more convenient.
Always offer high-quality medicine which is genuine.
With has a large inventory of medicines of more than 35000 SKUs (Stock keeping unit), the bigger the inventory the better as medicines are always in stock.
NetMeds allow customers to know the expiration date of the medicine before ordering.
Other than the website it also has a handy app that is equivalent to the website with all features.
Netmed Pros & Cons
- Delivery of medicines throughout India to any address.
- Customer Care support through online chat, email, and call.
- Provides good discount than local medical stores.
- Good Customer Service with prompt replies to queries.
- A great way of ordering medicine during COVID-19.
- The refund process is easy as customers can refund their unused medicine within 30 days of delivery and after the refunded item is picked then the refund is transferred to your account.
- Late delivery due to pandemic.
- Delivery of wrong items (rarely)
NetMeds is a highly recommended company as it is having a customer satisfaction rating of 63% which is more than any other online medicine selling site and if you love offers and want higher discounts then NetMeds is your place to be.
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 5,120
Pepperfry is known for selling furniture made of quality material. It is one of the best available websites for all furniture needs of the customer at affordable prices.
One can choose different designs and different brands from the Pepperfry website.
Pepperfry primarily focuses on Furniture and has a big product line under it as they sell sofas, armchairs, tables, chairs, storage systems and units, Kid’s furniture, etc.
Other than this recently in 2020 Pepperfry has entered into home décor segments and now also deals in furnishing, lighting, dining, and much more.
Top-selling furniture products are Sofa, Sofa cum beds, Dining table, Office table, office chair, Beds, Recliner, Bed with storage, and Bean bags.
Pepperfry Key Features
Everything is sorted out on the website which makes the selection process easy as one can go directly choose what they want for which room.
Good quality woods being used for making the furniture.
Providing a good customer experience from start to finish leaves the customer satisfied with the product.
Easy to assemble products.
Pepperfry Pros & Cons
- The product is always delivered with good packaging ensuring during the delivery process the product remains safe.
- Easy to use the website is a plus point for the company.
- Brilliant customer care service.
- Delivery – Even though the packaging is done neatly but Pepperfry often fails to meet its delivery dates.
Since this company specialized in furniture it’s obvious that shopping here will give you lots of options to choose from letting it be color, wood material, type, etc. It is the go-to place for Furniture Shopping.
Alexa Rank (in global internet engagement) – 6277
Established in 2006 and was awarded as the ‘most admired retailer’ for the fifth time by India Retail Association.
it also launched its e-retail store which brings 24*7 accesses of its products to the customers.
A subsidiary of the Tata Group, runs Croma stores in India which is a retail chain for consumer electronics and durables. Croma is the consumer and electronic durables retail chain store promoted by Infiniti Retail Ltd which is 100% subsidiary of the Tata Sons. It has 101 stores in 25 cities and small kiosks in high traffic malls.
Croma offers wide range of products which include home appliances, computers and peripherals, gaming software, mobiles phones, home entertainment systems and the white goods.
Croma has also launched its tablets based on the Android operating systems and various other products like vacuum cleaners, LCDs, refrigerators, and hard disks under its brand name.
cromaretail.com has leveraged the strong distribution of its outlets in various cities.
Croma offers its customers a world-class ambience to shop both in-store and website. provide a variety of electrical appliances and has a vast variety of home appliances
- Television and accessories
- Kitchen appliances
- Audio and video
- Health and fitness
- Home appliances
- Has a wide variety of consumer products and a good delivery system.
- Also has a physical store so customers can directly walk into these stores and can check out the products
- Order Tracking facility
- Providing a good customer experience from start to finish leaves the customer satisfied with the product.
- Easy to assemble products
Croma is highly recommended. As it mainly focuses on electronic products if you have any plans to buy electronic appliances Croma is the best place to find them.
This list of Top 10 E-Commerce Websites in India 2021 is based on alexa ranking of chosen eCommerce companies in India. For a fair representation, we have picked up eCommerce companies from various sectors.
If you wish to add/edit/correct any facts on this article of Top 10 E-Commerce Websites in India 2021, please do so in the comments.